End Your Chiropractor Near Me Search with Us
Dr. Daniel O. Cook, DC is a chiropractor based in the Salem area with over a decade of experience providing chiropractic services at the DC Chiropractic Center.
Advanced chiropractic wellness care from Dr. Cook goes way beyond spinal adjustments, and our specialized therapies and treatments ensure you get the best level of care available.
Contrary to popular belief, chiropractic adjustments are not limited to the back. We treat imbalances related to the hands, feet, arms, legs, and head using a variety of hands-on techniques and advanced technology.
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
- Chiropractic services from a licensed chiropractor include adjustments and manipulations with the intent of improving health and reducing pain.
- Chiropractors are medical professionals who treat patients with a focus on the musculoskeletal system, including the spine, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- A chiropractor is trained in chiropractic medicine, typically in a six to a seven-year program.
- Your treatment comes from a deep study of anatomy, physiology, and biology, and focus on the skeletal system.
- Chiropractic doctors believe that many health problems may be related to musculoskeletal imbalances.
- By using gentle adjustments, chiropractors can restore your body’s proper balance.
This therapy, which often is employed to treat and correct pain in the lower back, can be carried out by hand after the chiropractor palpates the vertebrae to detect problems with alignment.
Rehabilitation exercises are a recommended part of post-operatives therapy program for patients. By participating in rehabilitation exercises, the patient can regain or build strength, endurance, and mobility.
Massage therapy involves the manipulation and rubbing of the soft tissues of the body, with particular focus on muscles and pressure points. Massage therapy may be used as part of treatment, or on its own to help relax areas where muscles are tight.
The use of electricity dates back to ancient Greece, when shocks from an electric eel were used to treat headaches. It was not until the twentieth century, however, that technology had advanced enough to provide safe, effective devices which could use electricity to promote healing.
Do You Have Chronic Pain Or Injuries?
If you’ve been suffering from the effects of chronic pain or injury, you can take comfort in knowing that there is hope for a full recovery and pain relief. Chronic injuries and pains can be incredibly frustrating because they build over time and grow more bothersome as time goes on. Dr. Dan at the DC Chiropractic Center understands your condition and has the experience to help you manage it and begin treating it so that you can be pain free once again.
Common types of chronic pain Dr. Dan can help you with:
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Knee Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain
- Low and Mid Back Pain
- Arm Pain
- Scoliosis Pain
- Joint Pain
Dr. Dan can treat a variety of injuries from work injuries to auto accidents. With treatment plans tailored specifically to your condition, routine treatments, and activities teched to help progress your wellbeing, Dr. Dan will have no problem helping you kick chronic pain and injuries to the curb through his quality chiropractic treatments!